VIVE is a mobile application that encourages and reminds college students to breathe. VIVE is a call to action for students facing challenges during the global pandemic and who struggle to find opportunities during an economic recession.
Results would show increased awareness about the benefits of breathing and how it impacts our mental health. During project development, success metrics through testing/ iteration will show an increase in overall user satisfaction, visual quality, and completion rate over time.
My project is an innovative solution, system, and strategic approach toward improving mental health for college students during an economic recession and global pandemic. My goal and contributions are to push toward peace of mind and a shift into adopting a new mindset to set students up for success.
More than 80 Percent of U.S. Public Schools Report Pandemic Has Negatively Impacted Student Behavior and Socio-Emotional Development. Due to the significant impact of the global pandemic, many college students face obstacles and setbacks in achieving their career goals.
The business benefit from the software will be the communication and relationship between the customers, users, and those who provide services that promote therapy.
The product aims to promote students' mental health by making healthy habits more manageable and enjoyable. My goal is to leverage technology and bring students together during tough times.
Research Plan & Methodology
Criteria for Success | Artifacts
How might we create a software application encouraging students to breathe more often
1. As a user, I need reminders about breathing to feel better.
2. As a user, I lack the motivation and capacity to seek opportunities as a student, so I need a way to help me accomplish this goal with ease.
3. As a user, I need a way to stay on the same platform when connecting with other college students to make feeling supported easier.
Visualization and Plan
IA | Flows | Solutions
Beauty and the System
UI Components & Color | Typography
Testing | Feedback | Enhancement
The Final Design
Declaration | Handoff
- Inquire about how popular social media apps can integrate a feature that encourages mental wellness.
- Continue testing with users for more insights and data to reach success.
What I learned-
- Paper Prototyping low-fidelity wireframes is not the most effective way to get insights. Creating the prototype simulation on a digital platform would produce the best testing results/data from user feedback.
- A solid research plan requires a lot of time and resources.
- Creating an effective script before an interview will help build rapport and make the participant more comfortable answering questions.